- 4 cobs fresh corn
- 2 cups quinoa, white or red or a combo
- kosher salt
- ½ red onion, chopped, about ½ cup
- 1 6-ounce jar tri-color Pepperazzi™ peppers(sweet pickled peppers), chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 6 limes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 ounces Mexican queso or feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Grill the cobs of corn in their husks over medium high heat for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill, cool and then shuck. Cut the corn from the husks and place the cut kernals in a large mixing bowl.
- While the corn is grilling, cook the quinoa in 4 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt according to package directions. After cooking, set aside to cool then add to the bowl with the corn, red onion, Pepperazzi™i peppers, black beans, cheese and cilantro.
- Whisk the lime juice, vegetable oil, honey and cumin together in a small bowl and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add more honey to your taste. Pour over the quinoa mix, and stir gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 2 days.