- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. (you can use frozen hash browns, just cook for 8-9 hours, instead of the 7-8)
- 1 lb of bacon or veggie Morning Star bacon– cooked, drained and cut into pieces. (feel free to substitute with your favorite breakfast meat..sausage, ham, etc)
- 1/2 cup onions – diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper (I am recommending an additional pinch of salt and pepper for each layer of hash browns)
Beat 12 eggs until well blended. Next, beat in milk and garlic powder, mustard, 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper. Set aside.
Layer potatoes (I suggest to season each potato layer to taste…..a small pinch of salt and pepper) and sprinkle 1/3 of the onions. Next, sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon. Top with 1 cup of cheese.
Repeat layering 2 more times to have a total of 3 layers….ending with cheese.
Take egg mixture and pour over layers. For refrigerated hash browns, cook for 6-7 hours on low. For frozen hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low or until eggs are set.