Think of an orange dreamsicle!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup butter
- 10-12 oz. pkg. vanilla or white chips
- 7 oz jar marshmallow crème
- 3 tsp. orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Grease 9×13 pan
In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cream and butter. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
Bring to a boil, cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat, stir in chips and marshmallow creme until smooth.
Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
Add orange extract and food colorings to remaining mixture. Stir until blended. Add nuts, if desired. Pour into prepared pan.
Drop the reserved mixture by tablespoon-fuls over top.
Cut through mixture with a knife to swirl.
Cover and refrigerate until set.
Cut into 1 in. squares.