Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake is filled with leeks, bacon, asparagus and extra sharp white cheddar for a flavor packed dinner that is so good, you won’t believe it is lightened up!
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. milk
- ½ c. Masa corn flour (you can substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken seasoning
- ¾ c. uncooked quinoa
- ½ lb. chicken, cut in small strips
- ½ c. cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ c. leeks, chopped
- 1½ c. asparagus, cut in 2″ pieces
- ⅔ c. extra sharp white cheddar, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the chicken broth and flour until smooth and cook for a minute. Add the milk and garlic seasoning and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- In a large bowl, fold together the sauce with the quinoa, chicken, bacon, leeks and asparagus and pour into a 10″x10″ sprayed baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 40-50 minutes covered until the quinoa is sprouted and the chicken is no longer pink. Serve immediately.