- 2 lbs. of meat (Round Steak)
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 cup of onion
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tbsp dill
- can or fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp. of worcestershire sauce
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2×1/2-inch strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Add about 1 tbsp. of dill. Add 1/2 tsp of kitchen bouquet if you like a darker gravy.