- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 oz Casa Italia Prosciutto, or other brand, very thinly sliced
- 2 oz low-fat Swiss cheese, or Jarlsberg, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) dried bread crumbs, plain-variety
- 1/3 cup(s) parsley, fresh, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper; using a rolling pin, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
Rub chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt.
Evenly divide prosciutto and cheese over chicken; fold chicken in half to cover prosciutto and cheese and press down to hold shape.
In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Place flour on a plate. In another shallow bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
To coat chicken, dredge each piece of chicken in flour; turn to coat. Then dip each chicken breast in egg whites; turn to coat.
Next, dredge chicken in bread crumb-mixture and press down to make sure all sides are covered.
Repeat until all four chicken breasts are coated.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat; add butter and oil. When they begin to shimmer (about 1 or 2 minutes), place chicken in a single layer in skillet.
Cook, flipping once, until nicely browned and chicken is completely cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
***Yields 4 servings***