- 16oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (I used two 8oz breasts, butterflied and cut in half)
- 1 10oz package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp of flour and 1 cup of broth until smooth. Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge chicken in the flour.
2. Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and setover medium heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
4. Place butter in the pan and set over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices and begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Add garlic and wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved broth-flour mixture, the remaining cup of broth, the lemon juice, paprika, and additional salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in parsley and capers. Add in chicken breasts and let simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Serve chicken smothered in sauce, and topped with some additional chopped parsley.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)