- About 3 lbs. of boneless tip roast
- Lipton onion soup mix or onion soup mix sold in a box
- Cornstarch (1 tbsp.)
- This is an absolutely delicious recipe. There are different cuts of boneless beef that can be used. I ask someone at the meat counter or look for the boneless beef tip roast. About 3 lbs of boneless beef tip roast.
- Boil the piece of meat in water with chopped onion and 2 tsps. of salt for about 3 hours. The water should just about cover the meat. Test the meat with a fork after about 3 hours. It should be tender. Take meat out of water and let cool. Put the meat in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. Save about two cups of the water for the gravy. Slice the meat into thin pieces; sometime the next day.
- Use lipton onion soup mix. (This is a dry soup mix. It comes in a box in the can soup aisle.) Use one envelope of onion soup and two cups of the saved beef broth from cooking the meat. Bring to a boil. If it doesn’t thicken you will need to make the following solution and add it to the boiling soup mixture.
1 tbsp. of corn starch and ¼ cup of water. Mix together. At first this will be hard to mix but then it mixes easily. Add this slowly to the boiling soup mixture and mix constantly with a spoon. You are trying not to have lumps from the cornstarch and also thicken the soup mixture so it turns to gravy.
- Add beef to the gravy mixture. You will love it. Serve with hard rolls or with a baked potato.