2 chicken breasts (cubed)
1 zucchini (diced)
1/2 red onion (diced)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
Iceburg lettuce leaves
4 or 5 scallions/green onions (chopped)
Sea Salt or Kosher salt
1) Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally – about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
2) Heat another tbsp. of oil and add the zucchini, onion and garlic… cook, stirring often, until tender – about 3 minutes.
3) Return chicken to the skillet with the veggies, then add teriyaki sauce, pepper and salt and stir to combine.
4) Mix the cornstarch and 1 tbsp. of cold water until smooth. Then, add to chicken mixture, continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened – a few minutes.
5) Separate the desired number of lettuce leaves off the head of iceberg, then top with chicken mixture, sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and drizzle with extra sauce, if desired.