- 1/3 stick margarine (butter)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced green beans (frozen or fresh)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (2.8 ounce) French-friend onion rings
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in a large skillet.Saute onions and mushrooms in thte butter.
Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes. Drain.
Add green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and salt and pepper (to taste) to the onion mixture. Stir well.Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Top the cassserole with the Cheddar cheese and bake for 10 more minutes (or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted).