- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 8 tbsp butter
- 5 cups potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 cans chicken broth (14 1/2 oz cans)
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 cups water
- 4 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley
- seasoned croutons for garnish (optional)
In large saucepan, melt 4 tbsp butter and saute onions and celery until tender.
Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
In small skillet, melt remaining 4 tbsp butter. Add flour to make roux – stirring continuously until mixture thickens.
Stir in cheese, bacon, parsley, pepper, and paprika.
Cook on low until cheese is melted, stirring continuously. Remove from heat when cheese is melted, and serve.